Airbus’ A320 Family’s brand new Airspace cabin is moving a step closer to airline service in the near future.
JetBlue has started flight testing of the first Airspace Single-Aisle aircraft.
A second phase of in-flight testing will take place in February to validate any further fine-tuning of the cabin and noise measurements.
Airspace for the A320 Family includes:
- A redesigned entrance area with a customisable welcome lighting;
- New extra large “XL” overhead bins – the largest in its class;
- Re-styled window bezels which allow more light into the cabin;
- Integrated window shades and new side walls delivering a sleek, customized look while yielding even more shoulder room;
- New lavatories with anti-microbial coatings and touchless features;
- A customizable ‘hero’ ceiling light plus full-colour LED lighting throughout the cabin.
Mariya Stoyanova, director of Product Development at JetBlue, said: “With its unique cabin design and improved reliability, we are confident that Airspace will bring a residential touch to our cabin and help customers feel at home in the sky.
“We look forward to continue working with our partners at Airbus as they continue to iterate the product